Hong Kong, February 28, 2020 – Avalon Global Holdings Limited (“Avalon Global” or the “Company”) today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Avalon Biomedical (Management) Limited had entered into a co-operation framework agreement with the People’s Government of Pingshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China and Xiangxue Pharmaceutical (“Xiangxue”) for the establishment of a company (the “Project Company”) to be engaged in the research, development, production and sale of public health materials in Pingshan District.
Initially, the Project Company will be involved in the following projects:
- DelNS1 Cold Adapted Life Attenuated Influenza VaccineThis is a collaboration with Professor Yuen Kwok-Yung and Professor Chen Honglin from The University of Hong Kong. This is a novel combined vaccine for influenza and SARS-CoV-2 that could activate the immune system against these viruses.
- In Vitro Diagnostic System for Emerging Infectious DiseasesThis in vitro diagnostic system provides a fast, accurate, multiple target detection, low cost and automated data analyzation system for up to 30 regional pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2. This is a collaboration with Professor Yuen Kwok-Yung from The University of Hong Kong and Professor Terence Lau from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Hydrogen peroxide vapor (HPV) disinfection robotThe robot uses patented technology to vaporize the hydrogen peroxide in the sub- micron dry mist state, which effectively kills most of the bacteria and viruses. This can provide a good disinfection effect in any enclosed environment, including trains, buses, airplanes and hospitals. This is a collaboration with Shanghai Tofflon Science.
- Medical textileOur patented antimicrobial materials, which apply on fabrics and textiles, prevent the growth and spread of bacteria and viruses so as to reduce the risks of healthcare- associated infection. This is a collaboration with Professor Kan Chi-Wai from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Nanofiber filter and facemaskThis patented technology can effectively filter PM2.5, bacteria and viruses and has the advantages of long-lasting filter effect, good ventilation, and low pressure drop. This is a collaboration with Professor Wallace Leung from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Avalon Global believes that the Project Company can demonstrate how to translate academic researches into viable solutions across the fields of biopharma, diagnostics and other areas of public healthcare. In particular after the recent COVID-19 incident, there is a great demand for solutions to prevent a pandemic. The Company is looking forward to the collaboration with the Pingshan Government and Xiangxue.